Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream!!
Just in time for summer, I have the easiest, tastiest, ice cream recipe for you!! It is also refined sugar free and egg free so no cooking or guilt involved! I have made this in my electric ice cream maker, but I am sure that it will work well in the old fashioned hand churn ones as well. :) This recipe would also be the perfect base to add other fruit pureés or chocolate chips or whatever flavor you want to try. It can be easily adaptable for dietary restrictions too.
- 2 ¾ cups heavy cream (**See note at the end of the recipe)
- 1 cups half n half
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or 2/3 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Optional: 2 cups of add-ins - soft brownies, cookies and blondies work great
- Pour the cream, milk, syrup, and salt into mixing bowl.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Use a knife to split the bean.
- Scrape the seeds of the vanilla bean into the bowl. (or add one of the other vanilla flavoring options.)
- Whisk mixture once more and pour into ice cream maker. Churn according to the manufacturer's instructions. Transfer the finished ice cream to an airtight container and place in the freezer until ready to serve.
**I also have made this using raw milk only instead of using cream and milk and it works great! How awesome to have a raw milk ice cream, right?!
***You can also substitute coconut cream and coconut milk for a non-dairy, non-nut milk option. I am sure that any non-dairy milk will work as well.