Coconut Candied Cashews
Holy Cow. These nuts are so good. You will want to always have them on hand now. Seriously, get ready. There are not a lot of ingredients, which to me, is always a mark of a good recipe! They are refined sugar free, which is a must for me. They don't have a lot of hands on time either. They do roast in the oven for 30-35 mins, but you are just having to stir during that time.
- 3 cups whole cashew
- 1 TBL coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk (from the can)
- 2/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut fine shredded coconut flakes, plus more for sprinkling
- Large bowl
- Small pot for melting coconut oil
- Wooden spoon
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Place cashews in a large bowl.
- Melt coconut oil and pour over cashews.
- Open up the can of coconut milk and whisk it smooth.
- **Easier would be to blend the entire can in a blender until smooth.
- Measure out ¼ cup and add it to the nuts.
- Add the coconut palm sugar and 1/2 cup coconut flakes to the nuts and fold the coconut-cashew mixture until everything is mixed well.
- Spread nuts onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake cashews at 300* F for 10 minutes. Stir.
- Bake 10 minutes more. Stir.
- Bake 10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with more fine coconut flakes.
- Bake 3-5 more minutes (for a total of 33-35 minutes cook time) or until all the sugary mixture has stuck to the nuts and there is no liquid left.
- Let cool before serving.
- Try to not eat them all in one sitting. :)